Finished artwork is required in an acceptable digital format as specified below. If you have any difficulty preparing files or have questions feel free to contact us for support.
Acceptable Software Formats:
- Adobe Illustrator (CS4 and earlier) - EPS or AI files (Preferred).
- Adobe Photoshop (CS4 and earlier) - JPG, TIF or PSD files if layered.
- Adobe InDesign (CS4 and earlier) - INDD Files or Exported/Saved as an EPS or High Resolution PDF w/fonts outlined and links included.
- PDF files (high resolution with fonts outlined or supplied).
Unacceptable Software Formats:
- Art must be exported or saved as high resolution PDF or EPS files for us to use. GIF, BMP, PCX, or other low resolution raster images do not have the required resolution for large format printing. We also do not accept Word, PowerPoint, Pagemaker, Publisher, Freehand and Excel files.
- We accept CD and DVD ROM.
- Art Files under 5mb can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Files larger than 5mb need to uploaded to our FTP site. Contact the Art Department and we will email you the FTP instructions. You can upload to our secure FTP server. If the art is on your own FTP site send us the info and we can download from your site as well.
Naming Art Files: Please do not name your files like this "A77YTE9283.eps
- When sending/uploading your art files, please follow a naming convention of name and size like this example: Banner1_60x24_FrontSide.eps.
- If the banner is 2-sided, please indicate which art/file is for the Front & Back side or if the same image is on both sides. Failure to do so may result in additional art charges. The easier it is to figure out the better.
Art File Requirements
- 2” MINIMUM BLEEDS need to be built into each art file at full size (on each side) for finishing purposes, this is especially important with rasterized linked images. If the finished size of the banner is 20"w x 10"h, the art w/ the bleeds included will be 24"w x 14"h.
- Resolution - 100ppi at final size. An image lower than 100ppi may have poor print quality. A resolution higher than 100ppi does not increase quality of the print and can slow the production process due to the large file size and may result in additional art charges.
- Files MUST be submitted at 100%, 50%, or 25% of final size and scale proportionally (please indicate scale of the art).
- All Fonts MUST be outlined, rasterized, or sent with the art files so we can load them into our font software to open correctly. Fonts that are not outlined will default to a different font when opened and not print correctly.
Art Format Specifics
- PDF's MUST have the fonts outlined (preferred) or provided, we do not print directly from PDF's, we open it up and set it up for printing.
- All linked images MUST be included and layered for editing (if you have the layered file - if not just provide the flattened file).
- Photoshop files MUST be layered for color correcting or matching. Please send both flat and layered files (if possible).
Color Matching Information
- BCI only matches to Coated PMS colors or customer provided hard copies. If neither are provided the customer must sign off on a Color Waiver Approval and the file will be printed as is. We do not match to Uncoated PMS colors, a PMS Coated color equivalent must be provided for proper color matching purposes. The Dye Sublimation process prints vibrantly and cannot get close enough to Uncoated.
Dye Sublimation or Ink jet
- We accept either RASTER or VECTOR artwork. ALL Fonts must be outlined, rasterized, or provided (printer & screen) with the art files.
Screen print, Applique, or Vinyl
- We accept VECTOR ARTWORK ONLY. ALL Fonts must be outlined or provided (printer & screen) with the art files.
Customer Approvals: Very Important Steps for Job Progression & Completion
- After the order is placed and the art is received, the customer will receive 2 layouts to sign off on. These 2 forms must be signed off and fax/emailed back to BCI before any printing, finishing, and production will begin on your project.
- A. Layout Approval: submitted via email in a PDF format (sometimes these can go into spam mail, so check your email for this).
- B. Color Proof Approval: printed on the specific material chosen for the order. A color sign off sheet will be included with the proofs.
- If you are waiving your color proof to "print as is" we will email you a Color Waiver Approval in a PDF format via email to sign off on.
Please contact the Banner Creations, Inc. Art Department with any questions you may have regarding our art specifications or banner size, finishing specs at 612-871-1015